Brogan Law Group is a family-oriented law firm providing services to New Jersey clients in several areas of elder law, asset protection, special needs law and trust services.
Founded in 2001, our staff members work closely together as a team to meet our clients needs.
Whether you are faced with a family member transitioning to a nursing home, are attempting to understand the overwhelming rules related to maintaining Medicaid eligibility for someone with special needs, or are concerned with protecting your assets for the benefit of your loved ones, we are here to help.
We pride ourselves on “Guiding Families Through Life’s Changes” with care, compassion & professionalism. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and find out how our team can help you and your family.
Robert F. Brogan, Attorney
- Founded Brogan Law Group in 2001
- Certified Elder Law Attorney*
- Member of the Counsel of Advance Practitioners
- Member Board of Directors of the Special Needs Alliance
- Graduate of Rutgers College and Rutgers Law-Camden
- Lecturer for NAELA, NJ State & O.C. Bar, Special Needs Alliance, NACLE & NBI
- Earned an LL.M (in Taxation) from Villanova University
- Past Adjunct Faculty, Georgetown University Law Center
- Past Director on the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Board of Directors
- Past President, NJNAELA & Past Chair, NJ & Ocean County Bar, Elder Law Sections
- Married to wife Jen for over 25 years, dating for over 30 years
- Father of 8 children
Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA-accredited National Elder Law Foundation, Bob has held many leadership positions in the Elder Law and Special Needs fields at the National and State Level. He is a nationally respected expert sought by continuing education providers to teach other attorneys about Medicaid Benefits, Trust & Estate Taxation and Administration, Special Needs Planning and the public policy developments in those areas of the law. Bob currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Special Needs Alliance, an invitation only national affiliation of attorneys dedicated to those with special needs and public benefits. He is also a member of the Counsel of Advanced Practitioners, a consortium of preeminent innovators and leaders in Elder Law. Some past positions of distinction include service as a Former Director on the Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Past Chapter President NJ-NAELA, Past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Elder & Disability Law Section and former Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center, to name just a few. A graduate of Rutgers College (with high honors in Journalism), Rutgers Law – Camden (now Rutgers Law School) and also earned an LL.M (in tax) from Villanova University in May 2019. Bob has been dating his wife, Jen, for over 30 years and they have been happily married for 25. His proudest accomplishment is his role as father of their eight wonderful home-schooled children.
Get experienced guidance in New Jersey.
Melissa Abu-Adas, Attorney
- Joined Brogan Law Group in 2011
- Graduate of Rutgers School of Law – Newark
- Clerked for the NJ Appellate Division, Honorable Victor Ashrafi, J.A.D.
- Current president of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NJ NAELA)
- Past Chair of the NJ NAELA Legislative Committee and Member of the Year, 2018
- Has lectured for National Business Institute, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Ocean County Bar Association
- A runner and mother of two wonderful children
Melissa Abu-Adas has been with the Brogan Law Group since 2011. She currently practices in the areas of trust and estate planning, Medicaid planning, Medicaid applications, estate administration, special needs planning, and guardianships. Melissa is a graduate of Rutgers School of Law – Newark where she was member of the Federal Tax Law Clinic. She served as a law clerk in the Appellate Division for the Honorable Victor Ashrafi, J.A.D. Melissa has lectured for the National Business Institute, New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Ocean County Bar Association. She is President of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She is also a member of the New Jersey Bar Association – Elder Law & Disability Section. Melissa lives in Cinnaminson with her husband and two children.
Ronika Eckart, Paralegal
- Joined Brogan Law Group in 2009
- B.S. in Criminal Justice from Stockton University in 2009
- Paralegal Certification 2013
- Training in Martial Arts for over 22 years
- 5th degree Black Belt and master instructor at AH Martial Arts in Forked River
Ronika is a 2009 graduate of Richard Stockton College (now Stockton University) with a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. At Stockton, she was captain of the Track and Field Team. She has been with the firm since 2009 and in 2013 earned her Paralegal Certification. Under the guidance of our attorneys, one of her primary responsibilities is the compilation of our estate planning, special needs planning and bloodline trust packages. After growing up in Point Pleasant, she now lives in South Toms River. She has been training in martial arts for over 23 years, earning her 5th degree black belt in 2018, and is currently a Master instructor and student at AH Martial Arts in Forked River.
Office Manager / Paralegal
- Has been with Brogan Law Group since its inception in 2001
- B.S. in Business Administration St. Francis College (PA)
- Paralegal Certification
- Primary role is handling the day to day operations of the office.
- Advocate for pet adoption:”Adopt, don’t shop”
- Married for 30+ years and proud mom of 2 wonderful daughters
Joan is a graduate of Saint Francis College (now University) where she earned her B.S. in Business Administration. Her primary role is Office Manager, but also serves as a Paralegal. Joan has worked in the legal field for over 20 years and has been with Bob since the inception of the firm in 2001. Her primary focus is handling the day to day business operation of the firm, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, marketing and tracking the status of every file. In addition, she does work with several clients directly, particularly on estate administration issues. Joan lives at the Jersey Shore with her husband of 30+ years. She is the proud mom of two daughters. She enjoys the beach and is an advocate for pet adoption, having 2 rescue dogs as well as 2 rescue cats.
Mike Paxton, Attorney
Michael Paxton has been practicing in the Ocean and Monmouth County area since 1989, and serves as Of Counsel to Brogan Law Group. He is a member of the New Jersey and New York State Bars. He specializes in the areas of Real Estate, Land Use, Guardianships, General Litigation, including Estate Litigation, Contracts and Municipal Court. Mike has served as Assistant Township Attorney for Dover Township (Toms River), and Assistant Township Attorney for the Dover Township Planning Board. He has also served as Assistant Attorney to the Ocean County Vocational Technical Schools and the Dover Township Fire District #1 Board of Fire Commissioners. He is a member of the Brick Morning Rotary.